The Software Engineering group — SwEng
The SwEng group at the Department of Computing, Faculty of Technology, University of Turku
The Software Engineering group’s research is motivated by our digitalising society’s increasing dependency of software and the challenges of building reliable, correct, efficient, and user-friendly software predictably and effectively. Active research topics in the group are many, they range from technical to conceptual: from software security techniques, programming languages, and user interface programming to software architectures, development methodologies, software business and ecosystem models, and software security and privacy by-design. Our activities extend also beyond Software Engineering; the SwEng group is
- the home of the Mixed Reality Group
- active in the Turku Game Lab, a joint project between the University of Turku
and Turku University of Applied Sciences.
The SwEng group’s teaching responsibilities include:
- the Software Engineering specialization in the Information and Communication Technology Master’s Programme (both international and domestic);
- the Interaction Design specialization in the Computer Science Master’s Program (domestic); and
- many programming and software engineering courses in our Bachelor programme.
See our latest publications, current and past projects, and (software) artifacts and tools.