We study the future internet with focus on three viewpoints: information security, interactive applications and embedded/distributed implementations. Communication systems are viewed as whole entities and the three viewpoints are all addressed in our research as we take on the challenges met in future networked multimedia and communication applications found in embedded systems. The cloud computing paradigm is bringing forth completely new challenges to the information security field both in terms of hand-held embedded communication systems and the distributed processing cloud. Currently our special interests are in self-aware approach for future communication and interdisciplinary applications including information security and dependability aspects.
Information security research in Communication Systems concentrates on researching information security technologies for networked systems and applications of the communication-intensive future from the engineering and human points of view. The strategic goal in our research is to apply research and technological development to building the secure information society. We consider the basic elements for human well-being as the most fundamental drivers for pursuing this strategic goal, in which the technology driven and human driven development directions meet. This is pursued with an interdisciplinary approach, where new innovations create active interaction between traditional scientific areas.
Further details on the TUCS web pages: Communication Systems (ComSys)
- The Impact of Perceived Security on Intention to use E-Learning Among Students
Farooq A., Ahmad F., Khadam N., Lorenz B., Isoaho J.
- AI in Cybersecurity Education- A Systematic Literature Review of Studies on Cybersecurity MOOCs
Samuli Laato, Ali Farooq, Henri Tenhunen, Tinja Pitkämäki, Antti Hakkala, Antti Airola
- Unusual purchasing behavior during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic: The stimulus-organism-response approach
Samuli Laato, A.K.M. Najmul Islam, Ali Farooq, Amandeep Dhir
- The Impact of Online Information on Self-isolation Intention during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A cross-sectional study
Ali Farooq, Samuli Laato, A.K.M. Najmul Islam
- Cybersecurity Education and Skills: Exploring Students’ Perceptions, Preferences and Performance in a Blended Learning Initiative
Ali Farooq, Antti Hakkala, Seppo Virtanen, Jouni Isoaho
- Automated driving systems meet edge computing: A security perspective
Tahsin C. M. Dönmez, Yuan Zhang, Ethiopia Nigussie, Antti Hakkala, Jouni Isoaho
- Factors Affecting Security Behavior of Kenyan Students: An Integration of Protection Motivation Theory and Theory of Planned Behavior
Ali Farooq, Joshua Rumo A. Ndiege, Jouni Isoaho
- Automated Automobiles in Society(Presentation at the IEEE Smart World Congress, Leicester, UK, 2019) (2019)
Olli I. Heimo, Kai K. Kimppa, Antti Hakkala
- Automobile Automation and lifecycle: How Digitalisation and Security-issues Affect Car as a Product and Service? (2019)
Antti Hakkala, Olli I. Heimo
- In Quest of information security in higher education institutions : security awareness, concerns and behaviour of students (2019)